• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lawns & The American Obsession

I dont have a lawn just a little yard which is full of pots with plants in! Thats my idea of gardening! so easy! :D

Motokid said:
Sergo...how's the green?

We've had a very hot, pretty dry summer. Things here are browning in the dry heat. Many have resorted to watering, but I will not waste water on grass. Hard to believe in about 3 more months we'll be putting the mowers away for the winter.

Thanks Moto, green is greenish...
This Summer had not been all that hot here, I had to turn on my system of autowatering only for a week or so. Not much pests too - the least quantity in several years... But I hadn't made any new lawns so far, being too busy with construction works done on my house...

Half an hour ago my former colleague came and told me how hot it is where he lives now... It's in Florida... He came to Moscow for several days and hates to return to that hothouse...

My backyard lawn looks like the world's largest dog peed on it; my front yard is green........... ish.

Back