• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lee Child Books

cabrasopa

I've had the writer Lee Child written down for a long time now as an author to check out, but i'm not sure where to start.
Do his books follow on and do they all feature 'Jack Reacher' and if so which is the first in chronological order.

Any Lee Child fans out there offer any help?, thanks

Cabrasopa :cool:

Here is the chronological order of the "Jack Reacher" series:
1. Killing Floor (1997)
2. Die Trying (1998)
3. Tripwire (1999)
4. The Visitor (2000)
aka Running Blind
5. Echo Burning (2001)
Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor / Die Trying / Tripwire (omnibus) (2002)
6. Without Fail (2002)
7. Persuader (2003)
8. The Enemy (2004)
Lee Child Collection 2: Running Blind / Echo Burning / Without Fail (omnibus) (2004)
9. One Shot (2005)

These are short Stories written by Lee Child
James Penney's New Identity from Fresh Blood 3
The Snake Eater by the Numbers from Like a Charm
Ten Keys from The Cocaine Chronicles

For more info check out his website.

I read some "Jack Reacher" books but I don't think they are good, just entertaining.

Try books by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.

Thanks for the info Rogue,

I'll try The Killing floor soon, see how i get on.

I also checked out synopsis and reviews of Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child books on Amazon, sounds like the kind of books i might enjoy.
Is there any order i should read them in ?

cabrasopa said:
I also checked out synopsis and reviews of Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child books on Amazon, sounds like the kind of books i might enjoy.
Is there any order i should read them in ?
No, every book stands for itself except maybe the Pendergast series (The Cabinet of Curiosities, Still Life with Crows, Brimstone, Dance of Death). Better to read these in chronological order. My favourites are Mount Dragon and Relic.

Here's a link to the website of Preston & Child .

Take a look at this related thread .

Read through the Preston & Child thread
Looks like i've just added more books to my TBR pile

Thanks again

I like Child's book. The Jack Reacher name definitely fits well and his story is interesting having lived everywhere and buying new clothes after throwing his current ones away. Nice quirks. As for realism, not that great. He usually stumbles onto trouble which is possible but unlikely. However at the end of the day, I have not read one I did not find entertaining. A good series to read.

I always look forward to the next book as I'm guaranteed a decent read with the reacher series. They are an easy read but that's not taking anything away from them, thoroughly enjoyable.

I've quit reading Lee Child , caught too many mistakes that could have been averted by some very cursory research. Many a mistake on military procedure , weapons and locations within the U.S.A.

Its called fiction for a reason, i wouldn't get too worked up over seeing an error or three. For a Brit i think Child does a terrific job.
Thought his last book Make Me was OK, one of his weaker ones but still a high quality easy read.

Back