• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Leif Davidsen

Flowerdk4

I thought I would make a thread about this danish writer.

Jemima Aslana mentioned him to me in another thread. I have known for a long time that he has been writing books but I had never read any of his books. Now I have. At first I got a bit dissapointed, but then again I am reading Dostojevsky and it was a big difference.

It has come to my attention that Leif Davidsen´s books has been translated into english, german and french. So I thought that I would make a thread about him.

I have just finished "The russian singer" by Leif Davidsen. And yes it was not like reading Dostojevsky, but still it was an interesting book. The book would be called a crime/thriller story. And the difference between this and other crime/mystery books I have read, not that I have read many, is the angle which the book is written from. The author has been a newsreporter for the danish national tv and have lived in Moscow for 4 years and do speak russian. The story takes place in russia. So not only do you get a crime/mystery story, you also get some insight in the russian society in the years just before Gorbatjov got to be president.

I dont read many crime/mystery/thrillers but I dont mind to read one now and then as pure entertainment. And if it has a twist of something, then by all means.
I am reading Dostojevsky and have been talking to Sergo and Rustam about Russia on this site, so I thought the book has an interesting point of view.

So if you like a good thriller and would like to get a little inside in the russian society, then grab one of Leif Davidsens books!

Flower

I've only read Lime's Photograph myself, but I'll definitely recommend it, if you're into this kind of thing.

It's one of those books my mum got from a book club as a special offer for next to nothing. So it was in the house, I read it, enjoyed it. Definitely light reading (unlike Dostoyevsky hehe) won't take a seasoned reader long to get through Davidsen's books.

Lime's Photograph doesn't have a message, it doesn't preach, it offers some insight into international politics and especially where the press stands in the midst of it all, but mostly it's just an entertaining crime-novel. No more. No less.

Back