• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

raffaellabella

I just finished watching Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and it was fabulous! It was great from start to finish, including the closing credits. I'm curious to know how it did at the box office.

I'm not sure, as I watched it on cable tv myself. I did however really enjoy the film. So funny and beautiful to watch. I may be tempted to buy the book(s) at some point.

drmjwdvm said:
I may be tempted to buy the book(s) at some point.

Just a warning, but I thought the movie was far more entertaining than the books. I have only read the first three (the movie is based on all three), and I didn't really think they were good reads for adults or for children. I suggest borrowing the first one from the library before buying all thirteen books. The movie, on its own, was pretty good for a live action children's movie.

mehastings said:
Just a warning, but I thought the movie was far more entertaining than the books. I have only read the first three (the movie is based on all three), and I didn't really think they were good reads for adults or for children. I suggest borrowing the first one from the library before buying all thirteen books. The movie, on its own, was pretty good for a live action children's movie.
Hmm, considering I didn't like the movie this is very good advice. I will definitely avoid the books. Am I alone in thinking the movie was annoying in a What-About-Bob fashion?

mehastings said:
Really? I loved the movie, and I know for a fact that it did fairly well in the theatres, but I thought that the books were much much better. The farther you get into the series, the better it gets. I'm waiting for the 13th book to come out on October 31! The final installment will be revealed and the Baudelaire's destiny unraveled. Woohoo!

Back