• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Let's see those Desktops

eyez0nme

Post a picture of your desktop. We'll be surprised at the wide variety of different styles. And who is such a bookworm here that instead of images of clouds, scenic landscape, manga animation, naked girls, you have books. Maybe the Da Vinci Code as your desktop. Let's all take turns, see our different tastes.

BTW, how the hell do I save a screenshot of my desktop?

Nice, mehastings.

By the time eyezOnme is finished with us we will have accomplished total cyber self-disclosure. :eek:

StillILearn said:
Nice, mehastings.

By the time eyezOnme is finished with us we will have accomplished total cyber self-disclosure. :eek:

While I think you're absolutely right, I also think a lot of people will fall for this one, and so I want to be first! :p I change my desktop often, but these are my two (!) most recent ones (jus' the pix):
ai80.photobucket.com_albums_j162_mrkgnao_Wikingvattnar.jpg
My nephew in Mom's garden
ai80.photobucket.com_albums_j162_mrkgnao_lopg.jpg
A lynx at Borås Zoo

*mrkgnao*

I have to admit it... mine is a book thing. :eek: It's the design from the paperback verion of Garth Nix's Lirael. It isn't avaliable on the HaperCollins site I got it from, but I have uploaded it to my image shack account: http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lirael0gb.jpg

It used to be a very lovely picture of Shirley Manson from Garbage, but that computer died and the picture was no longer avaliable... plus my friends and family thought it looked a bit dodgey. :p

OK, I don't have laughing elephants, squirting fountains out of their trunks, exotic cats, or bustling metropoli.
I'm in the small minority that like their desk tops plain and uncluttered.
You know, those graphics consume your video ram and other available resources.
I'm of the opinion that true geeks, nerds, and software devlopers, don't use fancy desktops.
Here's mine.

awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_GRAPHICS_desktop.jpg

What I DO have are 2 monitors, side-by-side. I'm able to work on both, drag windows from one to the other, cut and paste in them, etc.
When I do a print screen it treats both monitors as one extra wide one.

muggle said:
mehastings, that is a pretty photo. Where in the photo is the "Combat Zone". :)

Thanks. I wish I could take credit for it myself, but I didn't take it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "combat zone". I'm guessing one of two things 1) which of those little lights is my ambulance or 2) where was the Boston College graduation.

So 1) I work for a service that covers an entire county about one hundred thirty miles W of this picture. 2) Boston College is in Newton it is about twenty or so T Stops WNW of this picture (so way to the right, slightly down on the pic).

Libre said:
OK, I don't have laughing elephants, squirting fountains out of their trunks, exotic cats, or bustling metropoli.
I'm in the small minority that like their desk tops plain and uncluttered.
You know, those graphics consume your video ram and other available resources.
I'm of the opinion that true geeks, nerds, and software devlopers, don't use fancy desktops.

Heh. If this were true you wouldn't be using Windows now would you....? :p I can use a heavier environment because my OS kernel is far more efficient with hardware resources. Now if only I could get a decent first party open-source driver.

I love the elephant :)

I can't seem to post mine, I have not figured out how to use my computer yet :eek:, I was just getting the hang of windows before it crashed and my hubby brought home a Mac. I have no right click and so everything is now very complicated.

Bandpic_688.jpg

ions said:
Heh. If this were true you wouldn't be using Windows now would you....?
Sure I would. I use what's useful.
Fact is, it was a shock to me when Windows replaced DOS. I'm still getting over it - and I'm still annoyed by many of its quirks, like just now the start menu popped up because I must have touched it with the heel of my hand while typing. And that happens constantly and drives me crazy.
As far as the desktop - well, it's not just the resource issue, but fancy desktops distract me and hide the icons. Not that I haven't had graphics on my desktop in the past.

Back