• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lian Hearn: The Harsh Cry Of The Heron

Niamh

I hope this thread is in the right place, if not I suppose I'll kindly ask a mod to move it elsewhere. I looked to see if there was a thread about this already, but didn't notice one.

I recently saw that the newest book in the Otori collection by Lian Hearn was out on bookshelves. I've read the first three Otori books, Across the Nightingale Floor, Grass for His Pillow, and Brilliance of the Moon, and fell in love with the world this author has created. The books are all set in a fictional Japanese-esque land and written in a very simple yet elegant style.

I'm so excited about the release of the new book, and I can't wait to pick it up. Has anyone else read these books?

I've read the very first of the Otori series, Across the Nightingale Floor, and I've been wanting to read the other's. I thought it was only going to be a trilogy though, I'm glad Hearn's continuing it.

Originally it was going to simply be a trilogy, however I believe the writer released a comment saying that there was just more that needed telling in this world.

I think there will be at least more book released in the future as well.

Back