• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

life really is sweet

ricky

i run a 10 room inn on cape cod...now, as some days can be more trying than others, especially come august, i must admit that my life is pretty charmed. today, for instance, is the first nice day we've seen, in oh say, a month. it's been pretty bleak and one tends to feel a bit sorry for one's self after awhile.

but, this particular day, i woke up to the sound of birds chirping, the warm wind blowing thru my window, and there was even a train off in the distance (the garbage train, mind you, but none the less, it added to my already increasing good mood!)

after all my chores were done for the day, i decided to sit poolside and soak up a few rays. unfortunately, part of living on the east coast, more so, cape cod..the weather changes quite rapidly, so i thought take it now....take it while you can woman!

to make a long story short, as i startled myself awake by the sound of my own snoring..i took a long look around at my surroundings. i saw my dogs dozing in the afternoon sun, i felt my face flushed from the heat and took a sip of the frothy beer i had just poured myself, and said, dammit..life is sweet.

egad....!! there simply is no need to be sarcastic just for the sake of being sarcastic. i was merely trying to share a 'beautiful' moment with you....ok, maybe there was a little travelogueness thrown in there for effect, but i do think my point got across....sort of..maybe not so much...maybe i will just stop writing now...

haven't you ever put a coin on the track as a train was coming and then got your coin back all warm and flat? doesn't really justify the enjoyment from hearing a blasting train speed by as i lay cozily in bed...but.....

mehastings said:
Figures, I leave the murky wet of Massachusetts and the rain leaves you and follows me on my vacation. :mad:

i feel for you. i do. now that i am home. sunny gorgeous, warm. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhh

Martin said:
Did you have a stroke?

Cheers

shut up nose bleed. i was expressing frustration at the fact that i return from my soggy wet vacation to hot sunny days at home. my sound effects rock!!!!

Yep, life is surely sweet.
Several days ago it was about +30C, and now it is raining but with a little bit of sun now and again... I am in my office now, and no immediate great problems so far... so maybe I will even leave earlier today, drop home, get my daughter and go to the dacha... My wife left for a week stay with her parents yesterday, so it would be wise to get out of town - just in case I will feel an urge to get to some mad night place... The Hungry Duck is especially attractive... So it would be the best to get to dacha and send the driver away - I will surely not have guts to walk all the kilometers to the highway to get a lift into Moscow...

Yep, life is gorgeous. I think about this almost everyday - snowy and sunny, rainy and cloudy, all the same. If I knew whom I might give all my thanks - I would surely do so...

jenngorham said:
i feel for you. i do. now that i am home. sunny gorgeous, warm.

Thanks. It ended up drying up after two days and now I'm home in (still sunny) MA, with my fabo tan and tons of bags to unpack.

Back