• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lions, Tigers, and Monsters Oh My!

chadster81

Hi Readers,
Im new to the forum if you want you can read my bio I just hope you don't get bored. Anyways this is my first post, so here it goes! What is the best description of any creature/monster/demon in any book you have ever read? Please list the book and the creature - your top two or three or if you're feeling really ambitious 4 or 5. I like to write but I haven't read that many books so im just looking for some guidance.

Thanks;)

Hi,
don't get discouraged, Chadster. I love your question... it's very tough to answer though...there's Peter S. Beagle's description of the unicorn on the one hand... but then there's Anne Bishop's mouth-watering description of Lucivar, Daemon and Saetan on the other... Or Tolkien's Balrog...

~Witch

I am very fond of the Guardian in Trumps of Doom by Roger Zelazny. (Of course, the whole Amber series is great.)

Um, I also think that the Fire Angel in the same series is very cool too.

Back