• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

list of film adaptations coming out this year?

arctic

does anyone know where i might be able to find a list of this years film adaptations to be released? i've found some info on imdb, but it's not well sorted in this category.
thanks in advance

Well i dont know about a list, but i could name a few :)

First off theres the third part in the adaptation of a small cult book, you may not of heard of it, its called Lord of the Rings :D

Then there's Master and Commander, based on one of Patrick O'Brien's seafaring novels, think Sharpe on water with Russell Crowe doing his Gladiator thing!

Mystic River, based on the thriller by Dennis Lehane

Big Bounce from crime novellest Elmore Leonard

The epic American Civil War period Cold Mountain, from Charles Frazier's novel

Theres another live action version of the Peter Pan tale by J.M. Barrie (lets hope its better than Hook!)

Big Fish, another slice of weirdness from Tim Burton based on Daniel Wallace's novel

Then there is the adaptation of genius comic book The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (or LXG as Hollywood insists on calling it!! :confused: )

Michael Crichton's Timeline may finally get an airing sometime in the coming year, having been finished for ages but not released :(

Another John Grisham adaptation is coming, The Runaway Jury, starring John Cusack, Rachel Weisz, Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman, lets hope its better than most of the others!

Well, i think thats about it, sorry if i missed any! :D

Phil

Originally posted by tiffany4798
A few good ones are Under the Tuscan Sun (coming out later this month) and Girl with the Pearl Earring

Girl with a pearl earring! I had no idea! I loved this book.
There's also "Ned Kelly", the adaptation of The True Story of the Kelly Gang, starring Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom...

Originally posted by Paimprenelle
Girl with a pearl earring! I had no idea! I loved this book.

Brilliant!! I have read this book, it was really enjoyable. Can't wait to see the film.

Thanks, Phil!

Back