• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Litrature Dissertation

Catalyst

Has anyone had to write one of these :( Mine has to be handed in on friday, well they said friday but we need to hand it in via an internet thing called turnitin and we have been told it is taking a while to process so we need to be sure and hand it in asap. So i am desperatly trying to finish it now. My problem is i htink its too descriptive.....does that matter.
Im not asking you to do my work for me btw.

What a coincidence! I just finished my Advanced Higher English one today! :D As long as you aren't just summing up everything that happens in the book without analysing it, it shouldn't be too bad. Just make sure that what you are describing has relevance to the point you are trying to make and can be looked at from an analytical point of view.

I hope that helps.. It can help to take a break, get something to eat and look it over with fresh eyes if you are struggling. ;)

Ah i htink we are doing different subjects here. Mine is a sciency one where we need to get about 20 journal articles and do a lit. diss. on them, though it is generally the same thing. Im going to stop for eats very soon....hungry :D

Im so sick of essays, iv done 3 essays so far and got htis one and one other to do. Sigh. Then all i have left are exams lol.

Ahhhh my sister was confusing me, the silly arts degree person. I am doing a science degree therefore it is totally different from an arts lit. diss. Sigh.

Ahh ok, I was confused by the title. I finished my Biology project thing last week, which was like a scaled down one slightly... But I expect that that is very different. ;)

Anyway, good luck!

In the US, dissertations are mostly done only for the PhD, and there would be an oral part and a written part in front of a committee.

Is that what you're talking about?

I have to do a lit review for my research project next year (it's fourth year but I'm doing it part-time, so research gets put off - hooray). Is it something like that? It's kind of a mini-thesis thing. We have to present it to fellow students, probably in preparation for what Novella is talking about.

Science degree people need to do a literature dissertation, which is basically a snippet of the current research done on your subject of choice. Mine was the behaviour of captive animals and the effects of environmental enrichment. I had to get a range of articles and write about my topic using htese articles. Its not to be an arguement or my opinion. Just facts basically.

My OH thought it was a bit wierd to make us do one in third year, but i guess it gets us reading articles. We have a big project in 4th year that i may also need to do a lit. diss. too.

My OH had to do what novella is talkin about for his masters degree.

Back