• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Liverpool through! Yay!

direstraits

Anyone as happy as I am that Liverpool's through?

Don't get me wrong - I hate them. But I hate Chelsea more.

ds

In England we have a sport called football. It's quite popular amongst the chaps. And Irene Wilde (who is neither a chap nor English).

The football teams tend to be named after towns and cities. Liverpool is a city . As is Chelsea. These can be located on your average map of England.

The two teams in question, Liverpool and Chelsea, I think were playing in the semi-final of the Champions League last night. Liverpool won, 1-0.

To be honest I'm a girl and such things confuse me. For example, if the ball crosses the goal line and then rolls back out, is it still a goal? And what is that offside rule? Is it when the ball leaves the pitch?

right. ok now i am quite embarassed as i do watch coronation street and i of course have heard david platt talking about this with his dad.
not a huge sports fan myself. canada has been in mouring over the lost hockey season and i thought it was great because they played movie's on friday night instead.

jenngorham said:
right. ok now i am quite embarassed as i do watch coronation street and i of course have heard david platt talking about this with his dad.

There's no shame in admitting you like to watch Coronation Street. It's no Emmerdale, but it gets extra points for not being set in Yorkshire.

Freya said:
There's no shame in admitting you like to watch Coronation Street. It's no Emmerdale, but it gets extra points for not being set in Yorkshire.

cheeky monkey. emmerdale!!! ha, now that's funny.

Well, Cilla and Les have just got back from Spain and it's all kicking off with Sally and Ian down at Davenports tonight. How far behind us are you?

Freya said:
In England we have a sport called football. It's quite popular amongst the chaps. And Irene Wilde (who is neither a chap nor English).

True, I'm neither a chap nor English. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Some of my best chums are either chaps or English. Or both! And some of them follow football and one or two are even very happy with the Liverpool victory.

I'll go do something very girlie to reassert my femininity. Maybe I'll ask chum-in-exile Billy Oblivion if I can borrow his eyeliner.

I'm not as daft as Stewart looks. Must be all them walnuts I've eaten today.

Do me a favour Irene, whilst you're on to Billy O will you ask him if I can borrow one of his feather boas not next weekend, but the weekend after?

Freya said:
Well, Cilla and Les have just got back from Spain and it's all kicking off with Sally and Ian down at Davenports tonight. How far behind us are you?

<ears plugged> la la i can't hear you!!!
ah you brat, about 6-7 months. cilla and les are still broken up and who is ian?
actually i cheat all the time by going on corrie.net.

Freya said:
The football teams tend to be named after towns and cities. Liverpool is a city . As is Chelsea.
Actually Chelsea is not a city ;) As for the result ... :rolleyes:

Ice said:
Actually Chelsea is not a city ;) As for the result ... :rolleyes:

See I knew I'd go wrong somewhere. Sigh. It's like when I tell people Lancashire's a country... Dammit.

jenngorham said:
ah you brat, about 6-7 months. cilla and les are still broken up and who is ian?
actually i cheat all the time by going on corrie.net.

Ian's some bloke that Sally works for and the starts shagging. Or was it the other way round.

Freya said:
I'm not as daft as Stewart looks. Must be all them walnuts I've eaten today.

Do me a favour Irene, whilst you're on to Billy O will you ask him if I can borrow one of his feather boas not next weekend, but the weekend after?

As soon as he returns from holiday, I'll ask him if he can locate his turquoise boa.

If he can't, I can offer you one of my own, in either red, pink or rainbow.

Back