• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Logical Help!

LiteraryAddict

Hi All,

So I need to solicit some help from you fine literary bunch. I'm looking for a non fiction book that is about Logic and can explain it to me. I don't want one of those "Logic for Dummies" things because that makes me feel like a dummy, but still something of that genre. I took a logic class way back when and all I remember is "If Matt Damon doesn't go to a party then Ben Affleck also does not go to the party". While entertaining, there's not much else I remember.

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------------
Quirky Book Nerd
Literary Addicted

I took a logic class a couple summers ago and I loved, loved it. I'll have to see if I still have that book, because it was pretty darned good.

I took a logic class a couple summers ago and I loved, loved it. I'll have to see if I still have that book, because it was pretty darned good.

If you do find the book, if you could give me the title that would be fantastic!!! My father-in-law gave me a book but I think it's a bit above my head. Of course, I won't be telling him that!

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but the "Argumentation" course from The Great Courses is on a closely related subject. I just finished this course and it was excellent. There courses are fairly cheap (usually less than $50 bucks per course, you just have to ask for the current discount b/c they always have one going).

I looked all over in the office, no go. If I did keep it, the thing might be in the garage. I'll have a look-see. It was neat.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but the "Argumentation" course from The Great Courses is on a closely related subject. I just finished this course and it was excellent. There courses are fairly cheap (usually less than $50 bucks per course, you just have to ask for the current discount b/c they always have one going).

Thank you SO much! I've taken some of the Great Courses before and even found some in my library. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. But thank you so much!!

-------------------------------
Quirky Book Nerd
Literary Addicted

Back