• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

LOL-Recommendation: "Incompetence"

Sentinel

I'm currently reading "Incomeptence" by Red Dwarf Scribe Rob Grant. The book has nothing to do with Red Dwarf and is immensely funny. I get the weird looks wile riding the bus since I have to almost continuously laugh, snigger, crack up or plain laugh out loud.

I've seen it in the bookstores, and I've picked it up quite a few times, but decided against buying it every single time.

Should I pick it up the next time? Go on, convince me.

Cheers

Yes, I was wondering about getting this. It looks good, but the thing that put me off was that I couldn't get into the Red Dwarf books, despite loving the series.

I've never watched/read Red Dwarf and am not the slightest interested in it. This book, I bought for its promising story: A fun read about a near future Europe where incompetence in the job doesn't get you fired (after all, it's not your fault that you're incompetent, is it?).
The "hero" (one of the few seemingly competent persons has to cope with a likewise eerily competent serial killer. On his quest to bring him to justice he meets just one too many obstacles in the way of stupid/incompetent people. I'm currently halway through and it's a riot...

What I meant was I didn't really like Rob Grant as an author, despite liking Red Dwarf, so it kind of put me off trying this. I have to say that the cover always makes me laugh though (the "e" being missed out and then put back in the wrong place) so that's a good start! :)

Back