• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for 2 kids' horror/SF anthologies

Rekrul

Both would be before 1985 or so and I only remember one story from each;

1. A radio reporter/personality decides to do a live broadcast from a supposedly haunted house. I think it was either on Halloween, or on the anniversary of something that happened in the house. Supposedly nobody has ever survived the night in the house, or something like that. He has himself chained to the bed in the master bedroom and is then left alone. Of course some kind of creature comes for him and the people outside hear his screams. I could be mistaken, but I believe this book (softcover) had a silvery, foil-like image of an old house on the cover.

2. I remember less about this story. A kid finds a lump of clay on the beach and uses it to make a creature that comes alive. I think it ends up being the kid's friend. It's also possible that the boy made the creature out of wet sand and brought it to life. I'm pretty sure that I own the book this story is in, but I can't seem to find it.

Back