• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book about seeing into the past

Bob Magness

So I'm trying to remember the name of this book. It stuck with me somehow because it crosses my mind every couple months. So here is what I think I remember:

-A way has been invented to see into the past. I THINK it was by using wormholes. However, they cannot see into the future and they cannot affect the past.
-The technology is eventually available to everyone and privacy ceases to exist as one can view any point in space using this technology.
-When people tried to look at the Crusifiction to determine what really happened there was too much interference because at that point in time and that location there are too many people trying to view it. (probably just the author's way of avoiding ridicule.)
-The technology is eventually adapted to where one can view the entire history of an object, including DNA.
-In this world with no privacy an underground emerges where people wear invisible cloaks to mask their movements.

It is entirely possible I am mis-remembering some of those points. Any help would be appreciated.

The time travel part reminds me of the Time Scout series by Linda Evans and Robert Lynn Asprin, but I don’t think any one of these books is the one that you’re looking for.

Here are some other books that combine time travel with invisibility:
Elfin Ship, The, by James P. Blaylock
Goddess of the Night, by Lynne Ewing
Into the Cold Fire, by Lynne Ewing
Fury and the Power, The, by John Farris

These are from the science fiction and fantasy website scifan.com. You might want to browse their time travel and invisibility themes to see if any of the books looks familiar.

science ficton/fantasy books by theme

Back