• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book, can't remember the title or the author... :(

ShadoWind

Hi,

I read a book in 1993 while traveling the US by train and i accidently forgot the book on a train one night. I never got to finish it, and it has been bugging me since then... :(

A guy in Michigan gave it to me to read on the train, an I never took notice of the author unfortunatly.

Maybe someone can help me figure out the author or maybe the title of the book.

It's been a while, so my details might be abit fuzzy.

The things i remember is the following.

The lead character was an outcast from his hometown.
He had regenerative powers, couldn't be killed. Chop of an arm, it would grow back. I believe it started with him beeing imprisoned on a ship at sea. (Not 100% sure though)

Through his travels he adapted alot of powers.

He could speed up/slow down time.
I remember him meeting the people who taught him that, and they had a "statue" in their village, it was a lady that slowed down time so much for herself that she was like a statue, she had been like that for a loooong time.

I believe that he learned to either talk to or travel through the earth.
If I am not misstaking, he could "sink into" the earth and travel through it.
If he fell from a cliff, earth would "catch" him.

I know these are vague details, but i am hoping someone can tell me what the book is... I really want to finish it.

True, I was 12-13 years younger, but i remember that i was captured by the book, and this is the only book i never finished!

If possible, please send me a mail!

Thanks!

-Patrik :)

I can't believe there hasn't been a response on this yet.

You were reading A PLANET CALLED TREASON by Orson Scott Card.

At least that is the current title. I think it may have been called just TREASON in a previous release. I don't know if it is in print, but it should not be too difficult to find in a used book or some such place.

Bond. Paul Bond.

Thank's a million!
That's the one! I'll finaly be able to finish it now, I guess I'll have to start over tho! ;)

-Patrik

It was out of print...

...but my local bookstore dug one up from their central storage. :)
I'll have it by the end of next week. They only had the revised edition, but after reading about it on the net, it actually seems better.

Thanks again!

Back