• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book. Please help!

theloon19

I can't remember the title or author of a book that I listened to on audio cassette about a year ago (I don't think it was new.) It was about a school janitor who was black and grew up in the US in the 40's and 50's. (I think my time frame is close.) This book was an adaptation of a talk that he would give to middle schoolers about his experiences. They included having his father killed by white teenagers who ran over him with their car.

I remember that it was fairly short (1 or 2 tapes long).

I have tried searching at the library where I got the book, but haven't had any luck. I've talked to the librarians there with no luck either. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

:) :) :) I found it. I thought that I had remembered the publisher and was able to find it through their website. The name of the book was Leon's Story by Leon Walter Tillage. Thanks to those who viewed my post.

theloon19

Back