• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book...

Mathius

Hey... I need some help finding a book, but my memories are VERY vague on the subject. I read it several years ago. I am not sure how many, so I won't hazard to throw out a guess.

The book seemed more fantasy to me in nature, but definitely leaned towards sci-fi rather than a medieval world. I sortof remember the book being about a battle between races trying to survive on a world, and it was the first book of an intended series. Since the other books had not been written yet, I read it and didn't pay too much attention to the sequels.

I remember the cover of the book having a general redish hue, a barren landscape and a picture of a woman and some kind of lizard creature.

The exact plot escapes me, but some of the stuff I remember... there was a woman in the book, that if memory serves me was a human, and believed to be the last human alive. She was some kind of a slave, but I believe she was liberated.

I recall some sort of race that was water bound.. their body composition actually made it so they would die if they left the water too long, and something to do with the density of their bodies made them move very slowly when out of water. Somehow I think one of them raised the mythological creature Leviathan from the depths through some kind of telepathy.

I remember a race of Cyclops... which were somehow persecuted and in danger of extinction by another race. I seem to remember their king was killed and a female warrior took his place as leader... perhaps his sister or love interest.

There was an underground race that had some kind of parasitical properties. These may or may not have been the ones terrorizing the cyclops. I seem to remember some common link between the female cyclops and the parasitic race... I believe they took her capture and the king died trying to locate her, while she ended up escaping...

The main characters from the book are the ones who ended up travelling with the slave girl. I seem to remember her being liberated from some sort of lizard people. I think she was brought up to be some sort of pleasure slave.

The main group traveled in some kind of vehicle.

There's a great deal I DON'T remember, and some of this might be inaccurate, so you can understand why I am having difficulties locating this book. I believe the library I took it out at was when I was living in another county. It may or may not be worth a trip back there to look for it, but I'm rarely out that way and it's a good 30 mile trip.

I'm watching Megalodon right now (it was free) and it sparked my memories of Leviathan from the book and I was idly wondering if the series was ever finished, or at least a sequel written.

If anyone has a clue what I'm babbling about, or a suggestion, that would be most helpful?

Thanks for your time,

Mathius

Back