• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking For a Good Love Story

Nexusfactor

kickbox
Greetings,

I'm new to the forum's here and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm looking a good love story preferably a novel. The setting could be science-fiction, fantasy, or present day,

I've been reading spy thrillers for awhile, and what to give it a break.

Thanks in advanced

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum's here and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm looking a good love story preferably a novel. The setting could be science-fiction, fantasy, or present day,

I've been reading spy thrillers for awhile, and what to give it a break.

Thanks in advanced

Nexusfactor, welcome to B&R! How about Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Project, in which genetics professor Don Tillman's Wife Project runs into Rosie Jarman's Father Project? It's funny, clever, and heartwarming.

Are the spy thrillers you've been reading worth recommending?

Reads to Sleep - Thanks for the Reply and for the recommendation!

None of them are really worth mentioning. A lot of them have the same setup, and same character type. I eventually got bored and wanted a change. I also read spy memoirs and history books about the CIA. If you're interested I can post the spy memoirs I've read.

Reads to Sleep - Thanks for the Reply and for the recommendation!

None of them are really worth mentioning. A lot of them have the same setup, and same character type. I eventually got bored and wanted a change. I also read spy memoirs and history books about the CIA. If you're interested I can post the spy memoirs I've read.

Absolutely, I'm interested. Please do post the spy memoirs you've read, as well as any CIA history you found worthwhile. Thanks very much.

The Rosie Project was a lot of fun. Probably my all-time favorite comedy/romance novel is Nancy Mitford's The Pursuit of Love.

I'm a big fan of espionage fiction. Do you read that as well as memoirs and history? I enjoyed Robert Littell's The Company: A Novel of the CIA recently. And I'll read about anything having to do with the Cambridge spies.

Ah, espionage! Harlot's Ghost is absolutely not to be missed. By Norman Mailer. Nor are the LeCarré cold-war novels. After that you pretty much take your pick, IMO.

Good love stories? I am very open to suggestion. :)

Back