• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a good Medieval book....

I really liked the book Ash, she was a mercenary captain back in medieval days. I would love to read something else like that, I enjoy swords and bows so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
I have absolutely no idea what "Ash" is but if you like well-researched and well written historical novels try Georgette Heyer's "Lord John". The book concerns John of Lancaster, the son of King Henry IV and the favourite brother of King Henry V (of England). This book chronicles his life from 1393 through until 1413. It was Georgette Heyer's last novel and was published posthumously.

Ash: A Secret History is a fantasy book about a swashbuckling heroine in medieval times. So the OP (who is loooong gone) was looking for similar type fantasy rather than historical fiction.

Ash: A Secret History is a fantasy book about a swashbuckling heroine in medieval times. So the OP (who is loooong gone) was looking for similar type fantasy rather than historical fiction.
If she posts in "Historical Fiction" she must expect to get recommendations about historical novels.

Back