• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for an autobiography to read

I've mentioned this on the forum before but 'Suicide Junkie' by S.Westwood.... He suffered so much with BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) as I have suffered too and he gives a good voice to the illness. It is also comes across completely honest and doesn't shy away from talking about mental illness and suicide attempts. I recommend it to anyone with a soul.
Adam

"Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" - the life of the Nobel-prize winner, physicist Feynman - very funny and cynical. Whether it an autobiography can be judged from the preface:

The stories in this book were collected intermittently and informally during seven years of very enjoyable drumming with Richard Feynman. I have found each story by itself to be amusing, and the collection taken together to be amazing: That one person could have so many wonderfully crazy things happen to him in one life is sometimes hard to believe. That one person could invent so much innocent mischief in one life is surely an inspiration!
Ralph Leighton

Here is an electronic version!

Oooh, thanks for that linky! I bought this book ages ago, but my mum has 'permanently borrowed' it, and I've never got around to reading it. :rolleyes:

reading Wolf on Wall Street currently and cant put it down. The fast life and drugs that he vividly describes are one thing, but the detailed strategy of how he made millions of dollars weekly using the pump and dump strategy with his investment banking firm are amazing. truly a page turner.

heard rumors of a movie in the works. directed by scorcese, written by the sopranos writer and lead role by dicaprio.

It's certainly a great book. He is truly a genius. The methods he used to make all the money are very clever. And he wouldn't stop making money

Can you believe his friend/number 2 danny ate that goldfish? And they wanted to organize a midget tossing competition.

A movie would be great. Dicaprio was in Catch me if you can, so it's interesting to see how it goes, if it goes at all.

Back