• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for an old Sci-Fi book/title

Crimson Eliot

I'm having trouble finding the title and the author a science-fiction novel, but I do remember what the book was about:

The action takes place after a nuclear holocaust. There is only twenty to forty teenagers that were preserved and grown by advanced robots prior to the holocaust. The teenagers are not aware that they are being taken care of advanced cyborgs. The teenagers are under the impression that the Second World War is going on, because all the cyborgs have created this city to lead the impression that WWII is going on outside the walls of the city. Finally the truth is revealed to them, that they are the only survivors left on Earth. One of the teenage girls kills herself in the bathroom after she discovers that the city she lives in is all fake.

Does anyone know what the title of this book is and/or who wrote it?

I read this book 30 years ago.

No, it's not Shade's Children, but thanks for helping.

Some more things I remember about this mystery book is that it's sci-fi, but actually also a deep psychological book, as the children who are after the nuclear holocaust are 18-19, and experience their first love, etc.

I also remember the first sentence of the book, or there about.

It begins with some planes falling down, and whatnot, and then "Winston Churchill was looking through the window." That's the sentence. I remember this book, because the first page is extremely weird in the sense that it's out of sync with the time. It was a unique beginning.

Back