• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for Children's Book:Girl Drinks Salt Water

deanajo

The book I am looking for has a young girl who loves to drink salt water. If I remember correctly the book is written in the first person. Her dad is a garbage man. She loves the way he smells and loves to hug him when he comes home from work. I think her mother is dead and it had something to do with the ocean. I read this book in the 1980's. I owned it, so, the only place I would have bought it was the bookmobile. Please help me find this book.
Any clues on how to search for it?

deanajo said:
The book I am looking for has a young girl who loves to drink salt water. If I remember correctly the book is written in the first person. Her dad is a garbage man. She loves the way he smells and loves to hug him when he comes home from work. I think her mother is dead and it had something to do with the ocean. I read this book in the 1980's. I owned it, so, the only place I would have bought it was the bookmobile. Please help me find this book.

:eek: Sorry! Bit of a long shot! but worth a try!

'Dear Garbage Man'
by Gene Zion, Margaret Bloy Graham

Someday Angeline

I am happy to report I was able to find the book using a pay to find service.
I can not wait to read one of my favorite books from childhood.

Good luck to all of you...

book about girl who drinks salt water

This was posted a few years ago, so I'll reiterate the question because I'm desperate.

Back