• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for good YA Fantasy or Sci-Fi

benzrf

I'm almost 12, but in general, my taste in books is a year or two ahead of that. I like fantasy a lot, but science fiction is good too, especially books that deal in time travel. Here are some examples of what I've enjoyed:

Abhorsen Trilogy
Young Wizards Series
Minighters Trilogy
Pendragon Series(the series, not the book)
Most of William Sleator's works
Most of Dianna Wynne Jones' works
Harry Potter
and, The Inheritance Cycle(especially the first two)

If you know of any fantasy books or series on the level of these, please post!

Thanks in advance.

The Earthsea series by Ursula Le Guin is a good series of books, they are considered young adult but alot of age groups i know have enjoyed thee books.

Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quartet and Grace Chetwin's Tales of Gom in the Legends of Ulm.

I wish I was into reading at such a young age. The school had to give us incentives like free Pizza Hut dinners in order to get us to read.
2.gif
As well as free admission to the theme park "Six Flags".

You would probably enjoy books by John Bellairs. My favorite of his are the Lewis Barnavelt mysteries:

The House with a Clock in Its Walls
The Figure in the Shadows
The Letter, the Witch and the Ring
The Ghost in the Mirror
The Vengeance of the Witch-Finder
The Doom of the Haunted Opera
The Specter from the Musician's Museum
The Beast Under the Wizard's Bridge
The Tower at the End of the World
The Whistle, the Grave and the Ghost
The House Where Nobody Lived
The Sign of the Sinister Sorcerer

Bellairs' other series featuring Johnny Dixon and Anthony Monday were excellent too. There is a link to his complete works from Bellairsia.com

Back