• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for interesting book where the main character has a cool power/high Intelligence.

Asura

Hi, I'm new here and I would like to request for some recommendations. I hope to be able to read a book where the main character is not a "wuss" in that sense hence why I'm requesting for the main character to have high intelligence. I would prefer if the person is a male main character written in first person perspective from the young adult section. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

All I can think of is the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, but it might be a little more middle grade than YA.

All I can think of is the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, but it might be a little more middle grade than YA.
well actually I've read this series already and I loved it. Actually I'm also fine middle grade and a little romance is fine I guess.

Hi, I'm new here and I would like to request for some recommendations. I hope to be able to read a book where the main character is not a "wuss" in that sense hence why I'm requesting for the main character to have high intelligence. I would prefer if the person is a male main character written in first person perspective from the young adult section. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Hi, am not sure you would still want input on a book selection, the Mercy Thompson novels. It is a woman led character but she is a shape sifter (she turns into a coyote), and her leading men are vampires or werewolves. That doesn't include the witches and fairy (faye they are called in the books. It is an ongoing series so there are new books every so many months. I enjoy them very much:).

Jason Bourne series by Robert Ludlum or Catch me if you Can by the man himself.

Even if you've watched the movies, they're still a good read.

I definitely recommend Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. The main character is a girl, shes 18, and its in 3rd person. But the main character is very very confident and badass. She is an assassin thats feared by most of the lands afterall.

I know you said you like tuff male leader but the Mercy Thompson novels by Patricia Briggs, she is a shapeshifting coyote and a fast moving series full of werewolf's and vampires with other mythical creatures, too, and she is so strong, physical and spiritual. I love it Briggs is making the books better as an ongoing series, there are 5 now, I think.

Back