• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for madman/antihero perspective

anodit

So I'm looking for a (preferably fictional) book in which the story is told from the perspective of a madman or an anti hero. I dont want something like the Prince of thorns where the character is just an asshole. I want a character that belives he's doing the right thing, that explains his interpretation of the world.
Thanks for any replies.

Well, I have a book in mind but it's young adult friction if you don't mind. It's called V is for villain. I found this novel rather interesting. I wonder if you've read it yet. I believe that the title is self-explanatory. Hope my suggestion is useful to you

I've read your question and understand that you're talking about Collective Mind Book by Klyukin. The main hero ISAAC is antihero for all the people and he is wanted by police. But to himself he saves the world.
Interesting to khow your opinion about it!?

My recommendation is the Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay.

They are about this kinda crazy anti-hero called Dexter Morgan. He has a day job at the police department as some kind of forensic scientist but he's not really law-abiding. He goes around killing criminals, usually psychopathic killers.

If you want to laugh out loud while reading about crazy anti-hero heroes, I recommend reading the works of Florida's Tim Dorsey. His protagonist, Serge, combines OCD with ADD. He is an obsessive chronicler of Florida's crazy history, and he is a "good" serial killer, only killing those who really deserve it like drug dealers, bullies, environmental polluters, bigots, rapists and other lowlifes. The hook is that he uses ingenious, Rube Goldberg-like contraptions to finish off his victims. Even though he kills bad people (and only those who deserve it), he's actually a good buy who usually ends up helping "sane' people he meets on his travels overcome efforts by bad people to kill or cheat them. The books are hilarious.

So I'm looking for a (preferably fictional) book in which the story is told from the perspective of a madman or an anti hero. I dont want something like the Prince of thorns where the character is just an asshole. I want a character that belives he's doing the right thing, that explains his interpretation of the world.
Thanks for any replies.

There are excellent novels which provide anti-hero perspectives by people not acting for the right reasons, which I do realize you specifically excluded in your question.
But are you really that sure you want to skip the Ripley series by Patricia Highsmith? Or her Strangers on a Train? Or the long agony of the perp in Crime and Punishment?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Just trying to be helpful.
:)

Back