• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for Prehistorical fiction/time travel books

Nebs

I guess you can say I finished earth children, love the first 3 books, but the last seems to lose their edge, i just stopped reading the last one, but i love the idea behind, life at the prehistorical era, doesn't have to be neanderthal or cro-magnon, but long before the bronze age, or just before it, the thing I loved most in earth children is the connection[supposedly for the first time] between animals and human, so if you know any book like it, i'd love to hear it.

I am looking for books on prehistorical time, preferably male main characters.

I'm also looking for books about modern man sent back in time to prehistoric time and survive and flourish there, something like Conrad Stargard but in prehistoric times.

Thanks in advance.

The best book I have read along the lines you mention is; Robert Silverberg - Hawksbill Station.
Recommended

The Inheritors by William Golding, it's a straight up prehistoric story.

You could also try the Many Coloured Land by Julian May, it's the first book of the Saga of exiles. It does use time travel to the prehistoric era but it's more about Extra Sensory Perception and alien races than it is about it's setting, might be worth a look though.

Is that the Clan of the Cave Bear series? If so I too only got through the first three.

Odd.

Is that the Clan of the Cave Bear series? If so I too only got through the first three.

Odd.
Yes, that's the same series. I remember the 3rd book not feeling as compelling for me, but it was also about a fully grown woman, and I was maybe 12 or 13. I just remember it didn't seem like there was much going on in the story, so I think I didn't get very far.

#4 was published in 1990, so if you were reading before then, you wouldn't have had access to the others anyway.

I borrowed them off of my grandmother's bookshelf, so it was definitely before 1990.

I must not have been too enthralled, because I waited for decades while King pussyfooted around completing the Gunslinger tale, only to want to buy a crappy Ford Aerostar and run him over proper in the end.

Back