• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for recommendations

bob 5000

hello everyone.
I am kinda new to this and joined this forum to ask people of recommendations (and give some, if asked) about books I could read, given my interests.

if you check my profile, you'll see what kind of books I like, but currently, I am really on the "puzzle book" trip, something the likes of The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons and The Rule of Four (which, in my opinion, is less a puzzle book than a coming of age story, but good nonentheless). so if you know any other stories that have medieval secret texts, hidden messages from renaissance masters or general "treasure hunt" as a subject, throw them at me... err, the suggestions I mean, not the books :D

thx a lot!

bob 5000

bob 5000 said:
hello everyone.
I am kinda new to this and joined this forum to ask people of recommendations (and give some, if asked) about books I could read, given my interests.

if you check my profile, you'll see what kind of books I like, but currently, I am really on the "puzzle book" trip, something the likes of The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons and The Rule of Four (which, in my opinion, is less a puzzle book than a coming of age story, but good nonentheless). so if you know any other stories that have medieval secret texts, hidden messages from renaissance masters or general "treasure hunt" as a subject, throw them at me... err, the suggestions I mean, not the books :D

thx a lot!

bob 5000
hey, do you ever thought about INDIANA JONES?? my cousin loves this things!! :cool:

Any of the Clive Cussler books. If you haven't read any of them, my favorite is "Atlantis Found". Another good one is "Trojan Odyssey". They're usually combination action/adventure plus puzzles. Nice escapist reads.

Right now,Dan Brown is leading with his work.I dont think i've ever read somthing like his books . . Anxiously waiting for his next one.

DeMille is usually giving Brown a lot of props (if you believe the hype on the back of the books). how are his books? worth a try?

oh, I just realised I phrased my question kinda awkward. I of course meant how is Nelson DeMille...
and I read all 4 brown books, ha! ;)

well, im reading Pet Sematary by stephen king right now, so get out of your mystery world and induldge in this book, i had a test today and i finish it an hour and a half early(it was a reading test :p) and i read Pet Sematary, it has so many great twists and will have you wishing it wouldnt end, trust me. You owe it to yourself to read this.

honeydevil: ILLUMINATI is the german (and maybe other languages?) title for Angels & Demons. so yes, dan brown wrote that one.

Rooney: I read pet sematary already, 500 years ago or something :)

Back