• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for something light and entertaining?

David181173

You could try a book I've just finished, "Tunnel Vision" by Keith Lowe. It's about a London Underground enthusiast who makes a bet with a fellow anorak that he can travel the full length of the tube network in just one day - the day before he is due to go to Paris to marry his girlfriend.

Not surprisingly he is delayed by faulty trains, missed connections and so on, nevertheless, I found it entertaining, even quite touching in parts. It's not a significant book, but its more deserving of a read than some of the reader views at amazon.co.uk make out.

Not so funnily my own train home was delayed three days in row whilst I was reading this, which suggests I need to be very careful choosing what I read while commuting.

Obviously this is a rip off of Jules Verne's classic novel, but one tires of the over read classics every now and then. I will check it out when I have the time, must have something to do on the plane.

Which Jules Verne novel are you alluding to? And where are you going, if I may ask?

Cheers, (an inquisitive) Martin :D

Why, Around the World in Eighty Days of course!

:)

I am visiting relatives in Vancouver when school is out for Christmass break.

Regards,
Faran

Back