• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for suggestions.

toolband

Seeing as no one on any forum I find can tell me the name of the book I'm looking for, I shall give up my search for that specific book. Now I am just looking for good suggestions on what to read. I'm looking for something that is fairly long, very descriptive(I can't stress that part enough), violent, dark and with a very good plot. I'm looking for one of those books you can't put down and you hide away in a room to read it so as not to get disturbed. And please none of that twilight preteen/teenager, poor excuses for books, I'm looking for somthing clearly geard for adults. Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Well Stephen King comes to mind right away, although he isn't really my cup of tea. I would really recommend you try some gothic literature... although they are usually more suspenseful than violent. Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca and Jamaica Inn are both great books.

I thought Dark Rivers of the Heart by Koontz was bit dark. It was very entertaining.
The Face by Koontz ... um way too descriptive for my taste, but most descriptive. I didn't think it was too dark but it was a bit strange but interesting.

Dean koontz and stephen king are defintielt the type of authors you are looking for. If you also like a little fantasy, ie jrr tolkien only not as descriptive lol, try David Eddings. most of his books are amazing and to me were really hard to put down at all.

I agree with samgallo420 Dean Koontz is definitely the right choice. I would recommend you read Dark Rivers of the Heart if you have not already. I promise you will not want to put this book down.

Back