• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for "survival book"

Jcreel

I know this a really hyped topic, but I'm a guy who barley ever reads which you can probably tell by my sentence structure. I have now been out of school for a couple of years and I feel that my reading and vocabulary is slowly dwindling. I want to find a book or a series that will interest me and I think some kind of survival story will do. I really want to find a book that tells a survival story and gives detailed information on how the person survived. I guess I am looking for a survival story mixed with a real survival guide that could actually help me in a survival situation. And I am talking about DETAILED ways the person made the fire or obtained water, not he rubbed two sticks together and made fire. I would love the story be set in the close present, but any time setting will do as long as its educational and interesting. It could be set in some kind of post-apocalyptic world, natural disaster or just surviving in the wild. Me living in Louisiana has been through Katrina and other big hurricanes has seen the importance of independent survival which is why I'm interested in the topic. One book my girlfriend recommended was the Earth Children's series but I didn't like the overall plot of it but it had the overall feel of the book I wanted. If anyone can recommend a book or series of this type I would be very thankful.

Have you ever read any Tom Brown? He has an extensive survival and living by the earth series that is really really good and really really detailed. I LOVE these books. There is no story-arc or plot, but Brown does interject lots of little stories that illustrate the survival techniques as he applied them in his own life and the life of the countless students that have attended his tracking school in NJ.

Mari
City TabulaRasa

i know this a really hyped topic, but i'm a guy who barley ever reads which you can probably tell by my sentence structure. I have now been out of school for a couple of years and i feel that my reading and vocabulary is slowly dwindling. I want to find a book or a series that will interest me and i think some kind of survival story will do. I really want to find a book that tells a survival story and gives detailed information on how the person survived. I guess i am looking for a survival story mixed with a real survival guide that could actually help me in a survival situation. And i am talking about detailed ways the person made the fire or obtained water, not he rubbed two sticks together and made fire. I would love the story be set in the close present, but any time setting will do as long as its educational and interesting. It could be set in some kind of post-apocalyptic world, natural disaster or just surviving in the wild. Me living in louisiana has been through katrina and other big hurricanes has seen the importance of independent survival which is why i'm interested in the topic. One book my girlfriend recommended was the earth children's series but i didn't like the overall plot of it but it had the overall feel of the book i wanted. If anyone can recommend a book or series of this type i would be very thankful.

the cay, timothy of the cay

Back