• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for Title/Author

MKK

Hello. I am new to the forum. I would appreciate any assistance with the following:

I am looking for a book I read in the early 1990s (however, I do not believe that it was newly published at that time). Unfortunately, I cannot recall the author or title, nor do I recall much of the plot. So, if any of you can help me, it will be truly appreciated. :)

The book is set in the 20th century. The protagonist is a man. At the end of the book/climax of the novel, the protagonist speaks with a man who he learns is Lucifer (as in the fallen angel). Lucifer reveals to the man that he fell for God because God needed an angel to fall for mankind. Lucifer, because of his love for God, chose to do this act. I believe the book was a mystery/supense/sci fi but honestly cannot recall more of it than that. I also believe the protagonist might have been a private investigator. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

first of all, welcome to the forum!!
and second, i'm sorry that i can't help you, but if you apprechiate this devil thing, you should try ANNE RICE'S Memnoch the devil!!
i love this book!! :D

I think you are talking about Paradise Lost by John Milton.

It's about Lucifer the angel who becomes Lucifer, Satan ( I think). But, it's not a novel, it's an epic poem, so we might be talking about a different book. Anyways, hope that helped.

-Suhizzle

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it is not Milton's Paradise Lost, which I have read. Although it would not surprise me if the book was loosely based on Milton's works.

I also will try Memnoch the Devil. Thanks for the welcome and the recommendation.

Back