• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for young adult book from 60's

us024077

i read this book as a kid, sometime in early-mid 1960's.

as much as i remember it involved a couple of kids on some kind of adventure or quest, and they were helped by 3 "fairy godmothers" or something like that.

the one thing i definitely remember is that the book was interspersed with quotations or sayings written in a foreign language with a translation beneath. there were a bunch written in greek, french, latin, etc.

it was a hard-back and seems like it was some sort of award winner, but looking thru the award categories in amazon from the 1960's i can't find it.

anyone have any ideas? your assistance is greatly appreciated. thanks...

It's been a long while, and I don't remember anything about sayings in a foreign language with translations, but this
us024077 said:
a couple of kids on some kind of adventure or quest, and they were helped by 3 "fairy godmothers" or something like that.
sounds like "A Wrinkle In Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. There were also one or two more books with the same characters, which I have never read.

Back