• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking particular author's name or book titles!

OneBigPixie

I'm am sincerely hoping that someone will be able to help me:sad:! I am searching for a particular author and her books but unfortunately I do not remember her name or any titles. What I CAN tell you is that the books themselves were published in the early to middle 1980's, that they were historical romances books, the first book being set in the very end of the 19th century and revolving around the heroine, who is well and in London for Queen Victoria's golden jubiliee. The heroine and the hero, who is British and who's name was Henry, had to unravel who had stolen a single or set of priceless paper weights.
However, the book in this woman's series I remember the best is this one: The Heroine's name is Thea and her love interest is a Frenchman who has immigrated from France. She and this man have been recruited by President Theodore Roosevelt to go to Mexico before the revolution, and see what's going on. The pair are married, a marriage of convenience that will be annulled once their mission is over, and their cover story is that they are on their honeymoon. I can tell you the hero was once looking to become a priest, before he had come to America but did not become one when he suffered a nervous breakdown.
The last book I distinctly recall is set in the early Hollywood and centers around this young Russian male who is also an immigrant and is directing/producing a movie about Russia before their revolution of which he had gone through and the death of a ballerina he knew and whether he had killed her or not. The heroine's name was Kat and she owned a dress shop in Hollywood.
I am SINCERELY hoping that all of this will be enough to jog someone's memory and will be at least be able to tell me the Author's name if not a book title. Can someone please help me out?
Lastly, can anyone tell me if there is ANY copy of a book called the House of Scorpio to be found anywheres? The author's name in this case I believe was Patricia Wallace. I lost mine some time ago to thieves when my husband and I were cleaned out.
Thank you ever so much!:)

Back