• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lord Of The Rings dilemma

gallagher672003

I Started reading this a couple of years ago and finished 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'. But for some reason I didnt carry on with it.

So my question is, what would you do? Read 'Fellowship' again or start from 'The Two Towers'?

If it were me, I'd give the story another go then if that didn't work, read a good summary.

Read it, and enjoy it. I love the feel of "Fellowship of the Ring". If you had a hard time with Fellowship, it may not be worth your time to continue as the rest is fairly similar. I would try it again though..... Good read.

Reread it. I loved Fellowship of the Ring. I liked it more than Two Towers. Return of the King was a must read since I invested in two previous books.

I Started reading this a couple of years ago and finished 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'. But for some reason I didnt carry on with it.

So my question is, what would you do? Read 'Fellowship' again or start from 'The Two Towers'?

It was more a case of other things distracting me at the time I was reading 'Fellowship'. And picking it up again after kept being put off until I wondered if I should reread the first book.

I tend to go through periods where I read little and then, like now, cant stop reading. There have been a few books this year that I have been meaning to read for years and finally got round to. My current book 'The Stand' by Stephen King being an example of that.

I did find the reading a lttle heavy going at times with 'Fellowship' but also found it rewarding. I have never been a fan of that genre before to be honest but was blown away by the films and realised that there would be so much more in the original text. So I think I will just go at it from page 1 again.

Thanks everybody.

I would recommend re-reading the first book, it is my favourite. But if you just want to make sure you don't forget any key plot points, you could always rent the movie.

I would recommend re-reading the first book, it is my favourite. But if you just want to make sure you don't forget any key plot points, you could always rent the movie.

Yeah I thought about that (I have the extended editions). But that would defeat the purpose of reading it I guess.

Think I'm just going to have to go for it.

I'm really surprised to read that people enjoyed Fellowship the best - this was my least favourite. I didn't like the slow starting - it took me about 4 tries to actually get past the first 100 pages or so.

The movie completely leaves out Tom Bombadil.
This was the bit that I always gave up on. I found it so boring, and was glad to see he had been booted out of the movie.

The first time I read the books I would say that ROTK was my favorite, but upon a second reading, I'm inclined to say that FOTK is my new favorite book. I gained a better liking for characters that I had previously felt indifferent toward such as Boromir.

And I don't feel as much animosity towards the movies anymore. I may even, Ra help me, not despise movie-Arwen like I once did.

And I don't feel as much animosity towards the movies anymore. I may even, Ra help me, not despise movie-Arwen like I once did.
When I was little I went to the premeire of ROTK in Wellington, and all the stars came. Arwen is just as unimpressive IRL as she is in the movie. I do have a replica of that necklace she wears though >.<

Lol This is a cute subject, and I am going to commit blasphemy by saying, I hated the books in a way, and loved the movies. I say watch the movies

Back