• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Trailor Online

Looks good!

But who's the blonde female who's shown swordfighting with Aragorn? Anyone know? Hope they haven't added a new love interest just for the sake of it - like the Liv Tyler character in Fellowship.

That'll be Eowyn, then. Actress is Miranda Otto (I think). Don't know how much you know about the story, but the name itself should answer any "love interest" questions, if you've read the book. If not, I'm sure some kind user will fill you in - it might even be me.

Tobytook

I read LOTR a looong time ago, so details are fuzzy. Please feel free to fill me in. Although, I should just re-read The Two Towers in anticipation of the movie.

BTW, just looked up my copy of The Two Towers. It's a 2nd edition paperback, published in 1966. THAT'S how long ago I read it! :D

Eowyn the brazen hussy

Originally posted by Ell
... details are fuzzy. Please feel free to fill me in.
If the film follows the book basically enough (as I'm sure it will), she will be following him around Middle-Earth with her tongue hanging out. He will be having none of it, prefering the pointy-eared version. She will be gutted, but the brother of a certain "pin-cushioned" dead character will be there on the rebound. Doubtless it will make for fine viewing, like the first instalment.

Tobytook

TT update

If anyone interested in unaware, the second film is due for release in the December 2002 period. I've just recieved a comics-related publication with some stills that look pretty good. Everyone's favourite psycho, Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky in, at least, the first Child's Play film, etc) will be Grima Wormtongue, alongside Brit veteran actor Bernard Hill as Theoden and (as in the first flick) Christopher Lee - in fine form - as Saruman.

Other characters to be introduced include Eomer, played by an NZ actor whose name escapes me (but who has been good elsewhere) and Faramir (more cerebral brother of Sean Bean's Boromir, that is). Looks good, and if at least one of the two sequels doesn't win a major Oscar, I'll eat my hat.

(Incidentally, does anyone know of a "sequel" which has won the Best Picture Oscar since Godfather II - which, I think, is the only to have done so?)

Tobytook

Back