• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost in Translation

Ashlea

Just saw the movie, and am very impressed. Not sure if it was 100% worthy of the hype, but a special movie nonetheless. Was actually fidgety while watching it is so slow with so little action, but the way I felt about the characters at the end was very strong. They (director and actors) did an incredible job of capturing the loneliness of the characters, and the beauty of their magical and improbable connection.

Next up, I will be watching Sylvia, about Sylvia Plath. I've been putting it off as I know how it ends, and I know it's going to be depressing.

I thought "Lost in Translation" was a great short film, damaged by the film-makers need/desire to make a feature-length film. Wonderful performances by the two leads, but take 30 minutes of those long shots of the Tokyo skyline out and I think it would have made a more lasting impression.

Irene Wilde

Lost In Translation was one of my favourite films of last year - I really, truly enjoyed it. Wonderful film.

I've written a review about it, here.

Oh, and for my blog I'm thinking of summarising popular films to four or five shots, and LoT was the first (and as of yet only) one I did.

This is it:

aimg18.exs.cx_img18_5260_Page1Color.jpg

aimg18.exs.cx_img18_6741_Page2Color.jpg

aimg14.exs.cx_img14_6185_Page3Color.jpg

aimg18.exs.cx_img18_5377_Page4Color.jpg

Whattaya think?

Cheers

Back