• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

LotR

How much do you want to see 'The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King?

• Mwah...

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'll go, unless there's football on....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care what my girlfriend says, I'm going...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Oh Holy Mother of God, I'd chew off my own thumbs if I had to miss that...

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Martin

How eager are you guys looking forward to seeing the climactic third installment of Peter Jackson's rendition of Tolkien's masterpiece?

Cheers, Martin :D

I'll probably go and see it at the cinema but don't mind if I miss it. The housemate will drag me along as soon as possible, but I may wait until the new year before I do so.

I enjoy the books more than the films, but even the books aren't superb and are, in my opinion, quite racist (although nowhere near as much as The Hobbit is).

I'll be going to watch the terribly bad 'Elf' first for sure.

Mxx

OH YEAH!!! (I voted for the last option in case you didnt guess :p )

Wild lions coudnt keep me away!! :D (Ok, so actually they probably could)

Phil (Who's gone a little mad :eek: )

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably wait until after the initial rush dies down a bit though.

Going to see it on the morning it opens, if possible, like I did the other two! Then I'll try to go the next day aswell!! :D

Nothing like that 12:01 am showing the night it opens - but I don't dress up, that's just wrong.

I am going to see it on 2nd of January. I didn't vote, because my option isn't here.It would be something like "I will go for sure, but why did those idiots cut off Saruman?If they had touched any of my favourite plots, they will be in trouble" You can add it to the possible answers...
By the way, Murphyz, why do you call the book "racist"?

I'm planning on going to see it in theatres with my dad and brother, or with my friends. I'm looking forward to it really, but I'm a bit stuck between wanting to see this and wanting to see the last samurai. Hmm...

You can, of course, and hold on for this one.... go to both!

*waits a minute for the clamour to die down*

No, kidding, of course you can't! But as some people said, I too, am probably going to see it several times. I saw 'The Two Towers' four times in the theatre ('The Battle of Helm's Deep' will never cease to amaze me), and I saw it 2 times on DVD, and I will rewatch both 'The Fellowship' and 'The Two Towers' before I go and see 'The Return of the King'.

Can't wait for the huge 17-disc DVD Special Ultimate Definitive Edition (abbriviated as 'the H17DVDSUD') to come out, so I can watch it for days on end!

Has anyone seen the extended "Two Towers" DVD? It is much better than the theatrical release. The extra scenes make the movie considerably more coherent. I just wished they'd have released it in theatres this way. I think the powers-that-be figure everyone has the concentration of a gnat and can't sit through a 3+ hour movie.

Well, there are 47 minutes extra in the extended cut, and I completely agree with you.... BUT...

I'm 6"6' tall, and sitting, for nearly four hours (without a break, mind you) in seats that small is pure and utter hell for me!

So, I'll just rent the DVD...

Aaaah! That's it, then. I'm 5'0" and can snuggle down in a seat for hours. :D

I'm 5'8" and found the seats adequately comfortable and the film adequately boring to sleep peacefully.

I bought the first one on DVD for the Bookends and got both that and the second one for the housemate (both extended editions with bookends (1) and statue of Gollum (2) - the second one also coming with an additional disc dedicated to Gollum).

Mxx

You found the film boring?

I sincerely believe you have gone looney...

Cheers, (a flabbergasted) Martin :D

Originally posted by Martin
You found the film boring?

I sincerely believe you have gone looney...

Cheers, (a flabbergasted) Martin :D

I'll second that! :D I saw the first film twice at the cinema, ditto the second, and I have asked for the extended DVDs of both for my Xmas pressie! I can't wait for Xmas! :) Now I will just have to find a few spare weeks to watch the films, the documentaries, listen to the commentaries ... ;)

These movies have got to be the best I have ever seen and I just can't wait to see the last one :)

rune

Back