• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

LotR

How much do you want to see 'The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King?

• Mwah...

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'll go, unless there's football on....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care what my girlfriend says, I'm going...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Oh Holy Mother of God, I'd chew off my own thumbs if I had to miss that...

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
We're witnessing film-history in the making here!

And I'll actually be outraged if the trilogy and Peter Jackson are going to be ignored, yet again, come Oscar-time!!

Cheers, Martin :D

God yes, though I can see it happening ... :mad: That he has been ignored so far is a travesty - let's just hope that they were waiting until the last film to reward his talent. These films are works of genius, they said the books were unfilmable, well Jackson has proved them wrong, and giving out a few "minor" Oscars for costumes etc is NOT enough!!

I totally agree with you. I mean, the SFX-oscar, and the costumes-oscar are all nice and well, but, they're worth more than that!

This will go down into film history. People will be talking about this in years and years to come, and I don't think the Oscars want to be remembered as snubbing an already classic masterpiece.

Cheers, Martin :D

Okay, my sons have just left to see the midnight-showing of "Return of the King". Will let you know their impressions tomorrow.

Aaah, to be young again and able to get by with only a few hours sleep before going to work/school. :cool:

Well, I'm definitely not touching this new thread yet. I'm off to see it on Monday...

Sheesh, that's 5 days from now. That's 120 hours. That's 7200 minutes. That's 432000 seconds...

Cheers, (an eager) Martin :D

I'll wait until the new year...or perhaps if bored one day whilst off work over the xmas period.

Can't wait :rolleyes:

Mxx

Never mind Martin - it's well worth the wait! Would I be too cruel if I told you I saw it for the second time today? :D

Well, it's not bad, I suppose, if you've nothing better to do ... :D
Never mind Martin, it'll soon be Monday! :)

Oh!!

My!!

God!!

Yep, I saw it, and I was completely blown away!! A-friggin-mazing!!

Cheers, (a euphoric) Martin :D

Back