• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Love

You don't.
Honestly, if you ever really love someone, you're never going to be able not to love them anymore! I guess, the only thing that could happen is that love changes into hate. Then again, love and hate aren't so different at all.

Every love is different, has different elements, is a combination of different wants and emotions and experiences. Find other people and things to interest you, and one day you may wake up and find out that you still love them, but not in the same intense way. Also, the heart is very stretchy and it will make plenty of room for other loves.

You don't. :eek: There are many different kinds of love, and they each can change. A passionate love can over time change into a gentle love, and the other way around. Sometimes love means giving something away. Sometimes love means happiness and sometimes it means pain. There is the pure love of true friendship (which is harder to come by than one might think), the unconditional and endless love of a mother for her child, the lusty love of one lover for another.

If I am reading between the lines correctly, apparently this "someone" doesn't feel the same about you. In this case, I am sorry to tell you, he is not "the one". This love will fade in time. The person who is the one for you will feel the same about you as you do about him. On the other hand, if you mean that he is physically going somewhere else for some reason, then that old saying applies, if you love something set it free, if it returns to you it was meant to be. I know, it's hokey, but... :rolleyes: If his leaving is for his own good, then to love him is to want the best for him, even though it may mean pain for you.

Both Ashlea and Linguana are right. But avoid hate, it is not worth the energy, and all it does is destroy the hater.

Only time will do that for you, but sometimes even it doesn't work so well. Finding someone new will help ease the pain in time.

What I do is take a close look at the guy's table manners and ask myself if I really want to sit across from that for the rest of my life. It works like 90% of the time. If he is a hunch-and-shovel man or given to the phrase "goob mungry", it's in the bag! (Though if it really is true love, you will find those little tics rather charming, and happily wipe the egg off his chin. Then you are in trouble, girl.)

Just kidding!!

If he doesn't love you, and you love him, you will mourn him as with a death. It is a wrench. There is denial, anger, and grief. Eventually the pain softens into something that you can deal with on a day to day basis - no longer is that person the first person you think of as you wake and as you go to sleep (and all the minutes inbetween). And, as the hurt and pain softens, you find your interest in other people starts to perk up again. Enjoy a crush on somebody, where there are no intense feelings. Once you have your lightness of spirit back, your happiness will show to all and you'll be more likely to entice in that person who really is your 'One'.

In my view, the only person who is your 'One' - the person you should spend the rest of your life with - is someone who wants you as freely as you want them. They have to love and respect you and allow you to be yourself. If you're not getting this now, then it is an intense relationship you're experiencing, but not the 'One' (although it always feels like it at the time).

All of the above is true - but I must add that the tingly feeling of those first exciting few months does wane after a while, leaving only naked love. You could mistake this for 'less love' but you'd be wrong - it's what you were feeling all the time, only without the adrenaline.

Cheers

RainbowGurl said:
How do you stop loving someone even if you feel deep in your heart they are the one?

I find that writing nasty songs about them, or really nasty acrostic poetry, helps to work it out of your system.

But bear in mind, once you have got over it, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

agreed with dele, that time can help.

*whisper* " Hi, rainbowgirl, be brave. there are many beautiful apples except that one ---it would be no good to let it rotten in your heart. hehe." :)

RainbowGurl said:
How do you stop loving someone even if you feel deep in your heart they are the one?

I don't know your circumstances, but I do know that love doesn't conquer all, life is unfair, and sometimes, no matter how much you love or are loved, there's no happily ever after (which is a very painful lesson to learn). That said, you don't stop loving. First, you cry. Then, you hurt for a very long time. But eventually, you find there's room in your heart for another love; a different love.* And you find life goes on.

Best of luck to you.

Irene Wilde

*So I'm told anyway.

Back