• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lucifer’s voice

LaGs

This is a wee story i'm writing now about well, the devil. (i'm not religious but i've tried to see it that way). If you like it, i'll post more :)

Lucifer’s voice is a slow, mechanical whisper that enters into my head. It unsettles me, because it is my voice that I hear and not some external one. However I know it is an outside influence through the sudden and savage way in which the thoughts are suggested to me. Violent thoughts, selfish and inconsiderate ones. Thoughts without reason, without love. He does not tell me to behave in a certain way, or do certain things, he merely has to suggest it. Perhaps that is the beauty of temptation, that it is so effortless to lead a human being off on such a tangent, away from God.

Although the suggestions do not always constitute acts committed by me as such, sometimes they consist of things happening to me, rather than others. It is like he is toying with me, keeping me on edge for his own amusement. I am forever paranoid, the bastard. This usually happens to me when I am alone. Now I am in my room, a setting where many of our previous encounters have come to the fore. It is small and claustrophobic, thus it has a knack for making me feel isolated and cornered.

A cornered animal is always on edge, their senses heightened, their body fraught with tension. Unsurprisingly, I am not averse to nature. This is how he wants me to be, so this is how I am. On previous nights his way of making me paranoid varied, to an extent. Once I had this strong premonition of three or four men bursting into my room to give me a severe beating. I had a large bat beside me on the table. When I heard movement outside, I jolted up with adrenaline coursing through my body. When nothing happened, I lay back down, my heart feeling as if it were about to burst out of my chest. Nothing ever happened, but like I said, he was toying.

Back