• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lucretius

Chithranga

Hi people,

Im Chithranga from Sri Lanka. I just this group and hope this will be useful for me and also help you all anyway I can.

I'm studying for my BA this year. One of the books we have to study folr Classics is The Nature of the Universe By Lucretius.

I find it difficult to get reading materials like study guides and analysis about the book.

If anyone can recoomend me some good books and also some useful links I whould be much obliged.

Thanks in Advance

To me, the writing is very simple, I would merely focus on how he felt matters concerning mankind did not have a deity or outside controller and contrast that with the religious worldview of the time period. It is easy to get lost in his "scientific"(at that time) of various human and natural world processes that he was prolixic about. If anything, buy this book and you'll be able to see the "big picture."

Back