• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lyndon Hardy and the "five magics"

Fistandantilus

If you have read any, what are your thoughts on Lyndon Hardy's books? What are your thoughts on his "application of logic to magic" and his "five magics". I recently read The Secret Of The Sixth Magic and found it a great read, not coparable to Feist, but still very well written. I found that the "logic" system added some "sense" to magic, but in my opinion there does not always have to be logic or orginisation in the magic of the fantasy genre.

Wow, I haven't read those books in alot of years! Was the 1st one called Master of the 5 Magics? I can't remember too much about them, except that I thought they were okay at the time of reading them. Not great, but good.

Yes, the first is called Master of The Five Magics. I think these books appeal to me because I enjoy institution in Fantasy. The concept of the main character gaining power, like Magician, also appeals to me, But I am still unsure about his "logic of magic".

Sorry - too long ago to remember detail so can't join in the discussion on this one. Too many virgin books on the "to read" pile to revisit Alodar (I believe that was his name) yet either.

Back