• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

M. Scott Peck

SFG75

I've read a few books by him and he has a considerable following in the counseling field. He is a psychiatrist by training and has written some interesting books-I have The Road Less Traveled, but haven't read it as of yet. I am currently reading The Different Drum which is about personal fulfillment and community making. It's a great book to look at the "communities" you are involved in, both at work and in your social life and to see where it falls on the continuum in terms of whether or not it is a legitimate "community." People of the Lie is a great read for agnostics/atheists, or those who have a hard time believing in "evil" per se. To Peck, the people of the lie are those who say there is no lie or evil. Along a more theological track-he also wrote Glimpses of the Devil which is his experience in working with the demonically possessed. He claims that he's only had a handful of people that he would've considered to be possessed, and not just mentally ill. A fascinating read in regards to attempted exorcism and that kind of thing.

Peck's biography

List of Peck's books

Back