• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Maeve Binchy

london

Hi,

I have just read the latest book from Maeve Binchy and found it quite impressive. I really like her style so would like to find out what other people think.

Thanks,

London

I have a phase of reading Maeve Binchy books a few years back. I remember particularly enjoying Tara Road. Recently though I tried to get into Nights of Rain and Stars and couldn't get into it, didn't hate it, just couldn't get into it. :)

lilbiteb said:
I have a phase of reading Maeve Binchy books a few years back. I remember particularly enjoying Tara Road. Recently though I tried to get into Nights of Rain and Stars and couldn't get into it, didn't hate it, just couldn't get into it. :)

That's the book I just read and really liked it.
I am reading Quentin now. I like her short sentences.
An the characters so different yet so much the same

I also read and loved Tara Road! I have another one of hers that i cant think of the name right now and haven't either been in the mood to read or just couldnt get into it!

mom2kngr said:
I also read and loved Tara Road! I have another one of hers that i cant think of the name right now and haven't either been in the mood to read or just couldnt get into it!

I haven't touched Tara Road yet.
I am reading quentins at the mo.

I must admit I didn't know who this writer was and find it's very good!

Anything similar to suggest me or shall I get to Tara Road when I finish this one?;-)

Cheers

It's been a long time since I read anything by this author but I always loved 'Echos' when it came out and would like to read it again sometime.

Oh yes 'Echos' ;) that's another good one, Think I enjoyed that nearly as much as 'Tara Road' there was another I really liked, but have gone blank! will have to have a think.. :confused:

Erica said:
Oh yes 'Echos' ;) that's another good one, Think I enjoyed that nearly as much as 'Tara Road' there was another I really liked, but have gone blank! will have to have a think.. :confused:

Thank you for the suggestion.
You seem to have read many of her books: what do you think of her style?

I just finished Tara Road, and also really liked it. It certainly got me thinking - all throughout this book I would just pause for a few minutes to take in what I had just read, especially near the end when everything started to come out. One of my first experiences with chick lit and with Binchy, and I have a feeling it won't be the last for either of them.

Back