• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Maggie Furey: The Shadowleague Series

Fistandantilus

Whad do you think of The Shadowleague Series By Maggie Furey? (The Heart Of Myrial, The Spirit Of The Stone and The Eye Of Eternity) How does it compare to the Artifacts Of Power? I do not know if these books are available in the USA though.

I really enjoyed this trilogy - probably more than the Aurian books. They were quick, light reading which made me smile a lot. I liked the characters and the arcs they went through over the course of the three books. I would recommend these.

definately

magemanda said:
They were quick, light reading which made me smile a lot. I liked the characters and the arcs they went through over the course of the three books. I would recommend these.

I agree completely. I think the books are definately full of wit and I loved Kazaril (i was actually quite sad when I thought Shree had killed him), but the ending was a surprise, I didn't predict that for one minute. I love the way that Maggie Furey makes us feel about her characters for example, pity for Tormon and Hatred towards Presvel these books are genius, they invoke emotions very easily.

The one thing I might say against these books is that they can sometimes be pretty cliched and 'twee'. This author was a girl who loved horses (and other animals) and wanted them to talk to her. Would explain the sheer amount of talking creatures she has. Not annoying really (or not to me) but might be hard to take for those who like their fantasy more realistic (which is a definite oxymoron).

When I said what I did, I was more thinking of the race of talking horses in the Aurian series, although they probably used 'mindspeech' as well.

Maggie Furey is someone who likes the idea of animals talking to her, in some way. :)

Back