• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Maria Von Snyder

Meadow337

Former Moderator
I'm not quite sure whether to put these books here or in the general fiction section as they somewhat blur the lines between romance and fantasy.

The first series is Poison Study -

Poison Study(2005)
Magic Study (2006)
Fire Study (2008)

and the second series (which follows on in the same universe as Poison Study) is Glass Study -

Storm Glass (2009)
Sea Glass (September 2009)
Spy Glass (September 2010)

The first series follows the adventures of Yelena Zaltana as she falls in love, discovers her magical powers and struggles to gain acceptance as a wizard.

The second series follows the adventures of Opal Cowan, a glass blower, who discovers she can trap magic inside her glass creations. She also struggles with love (how do you tell the difference between friend and foe when your enemy is wearing a different face next time you meet) and accepting herself and her abilities.

Again these aren't a complex read and are at the heart love stories following a tried and true formula but they are also a good fantasy read set in a well thought out and creative universe.

I thought they were good also, it's been about six months since I read them though, I have the paperbacks of the Study Series and pdf's of the Glass series. Good reads.

Back