• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mark Billingham

Yes and yes!

I've read three of his books and have every intention of reading them all. And I've never been into crime fiction so he must be doing something right!

Although the characters are a little cliched, the stories are good with some rather grusome crimes. They're also well researched and well written. And they're set in London, which for me is a plus.

I liked this one. It took the rather unusual step of revealing the killers' identities from the outset but still managed to be suspenseful and have some twisty turny bits. I think I'd advise to read the books in order though. It's not completely necessary for the story but the books all centre on DI Thorne and his buddies and things that happen to them in earlier books make a difference. It won't spoil it to not know but I think it adds to your enjoyment of reading the books.

Cool. Thanks. I like the sound of revealing the killers form the start.
How many novels are in the series you speak of?? And which is the first??

Cheers
:)

Honeybee said:
I think there are about six and the first was Sleepyhead. More info here:
http://www.markbillingham.com/

Apparently he's from Birmingham, with his knowledge of London I was sure he was a Londoner born and bred.

Cool. Thank you very much for the info HoneyBee. I didn't even know he was british.
I will check out the website, and try and purchase that first book in the series!
:)

Back