• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mark Forum Read

Alicia

When I click "mark forum read" here, what does that do for me? I know in EZboard, if I click that, then whenever I come back to that forum, posts made since I marked it read will have an extra icon on the side, so I can see what's new. I don't see that here, and am confused! Thanks!

Alicia, "mark forum read" changes all the yellow, highlighted threads to grey - indicating they've been read.

When you come back to the forum, only threads with new posts will be highlighted.

Deeelirious, if you subscribe to a forum, you can go directly to those forums you are interested in by clicking on your user control panel and viewing subscribed forums.

This is helpful, for example, if you're only interested in the comics forum or science fiction forum and have absolutely no interest in the other forums. You can by-pass scrolling through the other forums by going directly to your subscribed forums.

I don't see anything in yellow! You mean the whole like describing hte post? Or the icon next to the post title, or what? Thanks!

To the left of the forum title is a little box with a "v" in it. If there are new posts in the forum since you last visitied, the box will be yellow, if not it will be grey.

Once you enter the forum, there will be a series of envelopes in that left column. If you've posted in the thread, there will be a black dot in the envelope. If there are new posts in the thread, the envelope will be yellow. There are a few other envelope symbols - have a look at the page footer for more info.

You'll need to be logged in for those symbols to work for you.

Darren.

Back