• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mark Twain

Robert

Mark Twain has a new book coming out . . .

From The Los Angeles Times

"Who Is Mark Twain?" -- a collection of 24 previously uncollected stories and essays drawn mostly from the vast archive of the author's papers and correspondence at UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library -- is an entertaining reminder of why that's so.

Click on the link above for the rest of the story.

Mark Twain's books are great. Huckelberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, A Yankee in the Court of King Arthur,The Mississippi Plot, but my favourite is The Mysterious Stranger.

Has anybody read Mark Twain's Roughing It? I have been in the process of reading this book for 8-10 years (no kidding!). I don't know why I find it so hard to read, it is really funny and interesting. It just seems like whenever I pick it up again I read a few pages and then something else comes along. It gives the illusion of being really long even though it only has 421 pages including the afterword. I am on page 324. Anyone else have trouble finishing this book?

Has anybody read Mark Twain's Roughing It? I have been in the process of reading this book for 8-10 years (no kidding!). I don't know why I find it so hard to read, it is really funny and interesting. It just seems like whenever I pick it up again I read a few pages and then something else comes along. It gives the illusion of being really long even though it only has 421 pages including the afterword. I am on page 324. Anyone else have trouble finishing this book?

I have this book, it is great. Been years since I have read it, but anything of Mark Twain is terrific reading. This is a book you can dip into though, rather than read it right through.

I totally love Mark Twain. He created my childhood fantasies for me....:star5:
Love the adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.
They are a must read for every child.

Mark Twain, hands down, has the best quotes of anyone who has ever spoke/wrote!

My personal favorite being...
"All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain.

Back